The Maze Runner
Summary:
Thomas wakes up in a metal cage with no memory of his pass
life. When he wakes up he sees a community of young boys that live in the
middle of a forest and a brick of high walls surrounding them. They boys call I
Glade and they explain to Thomas that behind the walls this a massive maze
without a way out. They also explain how he got to the cage and they tell him
it come ever ones a month with food and supplies and a new boy each time. Newts
being second a command and Chuck being his friend start talking to Thomas and
try to answer all his questions since they have been trap in the maze for about
3 years now. Thomas was determine to find a way out and find out that each and
every single person has a job to do and the most famous job was being a runner
they get to go out into the maze and
explore and they are the ones that are in charge to find a way out. Thomas
autumnally want to be in that position
but they tell him is not that easy since he need to be chosen by the runner
leader and the leader witch are Minho the leader of the runners and Alby the
leader. Thomas first day didn’t go so well since he has a rival name Gally. The
next day as they send Thomas to get something he has encounter with Ben one of
the boys but he look different from the rest because he got infected and
attacks him. Thomas got scared because he did not know what was going on and try’s
to run into the maze and get mad at everyone because he things that they are
not telling him the truth about what going on, ones they see what they do to
Ben, in other words they kick him out and send him into the maze but soon
realize that there is something more than just a person infected and they hear
a loud scream, he ask what is that they boys answer we don’t know but we call
them Grivers. The next day he saw that Alby and Minho when into the maze that
early morning and the other boys continue they morning it was not in till the
doors were about to close down and they got worry about Alby and Minho because
they haven’t made it back, min before the doors started to close they see both
the guys running for they like but Alby has been infected, no one seem to help
and Thomas did not know why so he willing to help did not stop him and decided
to go in and help Minho, which he got mad and Quoted “ You just singed your
death wish” When Thomas and Minho try to hide Alby they hear a Griver coming
their way and Minho runs leaving Thomas alone, Thomas being brave had manage to
kill it. And has change the hold game. The doors open and the boys are hopeless
thinking that they have die but soon realize that they have pass a night in the
maze something that no one was able to do, cause every one that spend the night
end up death. The following day they boys go back into the maze to go see the
death Griver and find a clue had a 7 on it two and saw that the maze had 8
sections. That next day the cage came up
but this time there was no boy it was a girl the first girl that has ever been
in their land. She was different because she knew her name that same day but
does not remember her pass in her pockets she has two cures for the infection
and they gave one to Alby. That same day Thomas and Minho when back into the
maze and found what section 7 is and saw that that was the way home but is also
where the Grivers come from, but what they didn’t know is that by them doing
that they have now activated the doors to stay open and at night the Grivers
came to the home a destroy everything. The next day Gally blames Thomas for
everything witch is true is his fault, eventually the next day Thomas and his
group of friends where determent to get out of the forest and find a way home.
And the rest can die her alone. One they got to section 7 they saw that Grivers
where outside protection the entries and they saw how they going to fight them
so they do, ones they beat the Grivers they are in a lab and saw how everything
work and as soon as they were going to make it out Gally shows up infected and
try’s to kill Thomas with a gun but he doesn’t instead Chuck got in the way and
got shoot instead of Thomas. A squat came to rescue them and toke them back to
the world.
Author: James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Press; Reprint edition (August 24,
2010)
Edition/Format:
book_printbook :
Fiction : Secondary (senior high) school : English : 1st edView
all editions and formats
Database: WorldCat
My impression of the book:
I though this book was amazing I just love all the suspense
and trill it gives you, the way the book is structure and the way the author
keeps you on the edge on the story, the way he also explain what happened to
the kids and the way the monsters are I just found the book really enjoyable
and run to read.
Reviews:· Hanna_thereckless, Posted January 20, 2010
If you liked The Hunger Games, read this! I absolutely loved The Maze Runner. I first heard about it through an internet ad. It asked, "Like the Hunger Games? Then you should read The Maze Runner." It drew my attention because The Hunger Games is one of my most favorite books. So I started reading the "preview" of The Maze Runner on Barnes and Noble's website. There's something to be said for a book that I couldn't stay away from after the first sentence. I neglected my work and stared at my computer screen, reading. When I reached the end of the preview, I bought the ebook because I had to know what happened. It is a fast paced, action-packed adventure that completely sucks the reader in. From the very first sentence, I was simply dropped into the story; everything is from the main character's point of view. You only see and hear what he sees and hears. It was exciting, and I felt as if I was there.
It is true that the characters could have been more deeply developed; they were certainly lacking in personality depth. Also, The Maze Runner is quite violent in parts: there is death and insanity and truly terrifying monsters. It is part of a new genre of books, all exploring the possible futures of this world. It is not a light read; it will have you up at night. However, if you loved The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, this is a book that you will enjoy just as much. I definitely recommend it.
· Nikkayme, Posted May 25, 2010
An
Elaborate Story of Mystery and Intrigue The
Maze Runner is a sci-fi/dystopian novel at its best. It starts off with Thomas,
a boy of about 16, waking up in a metal box with a bunch of teen boys, some
older, some younger, staring at him. Thomas comes to learn that he has arrived
in the Glade and he is now part of a small, self-contained community of boys.
Each boy has his own job and title and for the past two years, the boys have
been working to solve the puzzle of the Maze.
Like most of the boys, Thomas is scared upon his arrival, but unlike everyone else, Thomas has a feeling of familiarity with the Glade. When a girl arrives the day after Thomas, it's clear that everything is changing and it seems like Thomas may play a part in that change.
It took me some time to really get into The Maze Runner, but once I did, I was completely hooked. James Dashner is so descriptive and has created such an elaborate story that it is hard not to enjoy. The mystery of the Maze had me so intrigued that I needed to know more. The Gladers, the Maze, the Grievers, it's all so mysterious and unknown that I found myself reading more and more, in an attempt to solve the mystery.
The story is incredibly well-crafted with likable characters and twists and turns galore. There were times when I was nearly screaming because I didn't want the characters to do something and other times I was on the edge of my seat gnawing on my fingernails in anticipation.
One word that can perfectly describe this book is intense. The novel is intense in all respects. It can scare you death, have you laughing, and it even moved me to tears. The ending was entirely unexpected and the last 150 pages or so completely blew me away. The Maze Runner is pure genius and I'm now anxiously awaiting the second book in the series
Like most of the boys, Thomas is scared upon his arrival, but unlike everyone else, Thomas has a feeling of familiarity with the Glade. When a girl arrives the day after Thomas, it's clear that everything is changing and it seems like Thomas may play a part in that change.
It took me some time to really get into The Maze Runner, but once I did, I was completely hooked. James Dashner is so descriptive and has created such an elaborate story that it is hard not to enjoy. The mystery of the Maze had me so intrigued that I needed to know more. The Gladers, the Maze, the Grievers, it's all so mysterious and unknown that I found myself reading more and more, in an attempt to solve the mystery.
The story is incredibly well-crafted with likable characters and twists and turns galore. There were times when I was nearly screaming because I didn't want the characters to do something and other times I was on the edge of my seat gnawing on my fingernails in anticipation.
One word that can perfectly describe this book is intense. The novel is intense in all respects. It can scare you death, have you laughing, and it even moved me to tears. The ending was entirely unexpected and the last 150 pages or so completely blew me away. The Maze Runner is pure genius and I'm now anxiously awaiting the second book in the series
No comments:
Post a Comment